Friday, May 2, 2014

Member Spotlight - Mothers Day Teaser

Several Eupraxia Moms have volunteered to share some of their tips, thoughts and ideas on keeping their families healthy. In the week leading up to Mothers Day, I will post one complete survey daily. I am also working on putting together something where all of the wonderful Q and A's I received can be easily accessible. If anyone else is interested in adding their voice just email me! In the meantime, here is a bit of what is to come! 
~Lindsay


Do you have any tricks to get your kids to eat healthier foods or make healthier choices?
They are a part of the shopping/picking out vegetables, fruits, proteins and they also help cook—so they ‘buy into’ the whole concept of caring for their bodies. We make a lot of green drinks and smoothies together, soups, crazy taco bars, and stir fry—if they shop for it, chop it they eat it. We have a CSA share and so they also know a lot about where their food is grown. They also help determine the weekly/seasonal menus—they also have been taught to read labels and learn about better food options. They are still kids and love good ‘treats’ and special occasion foods! ~Keely Rees

As you have learned more about health and wellness, what goals do you have for your family and children?
My biggest goal is just for him to be happy and healthy. I am trying to show him that being active and eating right doesn’t have to be stressful. To find activities that he enjoys doing, not activities that he feels forced to do. The one thing I enjoy most about Eupraxia is that even though the workouts are hard – they are fun in a weird way. Going to the gym isn’t something I ‘have’ to do; it’s something I ‘want’ to do. ~Alyssa Britton

How and why has being a member at Eupraxia impacted your roll as a mother and/or wife? Eupraxia has taught me so much!!! Everything I thought I knew about eating right....well some was correct and some was very misguided. Knowledge is power and I am so thankful for the knowledge. It has helped me feed my family better and be more firm in fighting to change Alex's diet. ~Amelia Pena

What obstacles have you overcome as a mother to maintain your health and wellness? 
I have overcome eating at fast food restaurants. They use to be a staple in my weekly diet. With educating myself and my children I cannot even think about eating at a fast food restaurant. Until I started reading on Paleo and clean eating I was poisoning myself and my children, and I did not even realize it. ~Amy Schuster

What advice do you have for moms just starting their journey?
Don’t feel guilty about feeding your child healthier options. People made and still make me feel like I’m depriving my daughter of something because I don’t feed her candy, cookies and cake when really, I’m preparing her for a better future without the struggles that I deal with daily. ~Janelle Loss


Anything else you would like to share? 
I can't express the physical and mental journey you go through joining Eupraxia. The best part is seeing your children smile a little more cause mom is smiling and enjoying life a little more and a little less stressed :) ~Lindsey Bonnar

No comments:

Post a Comment