Friday, March 7, 2014

Member Spotlight: Rick Morrison


Hometown: La Crosse

Occupation: IT Project Manager, Application Owner at Ingersoll Rand (Trane)

What is your favorite exercise: Lawn Mower Rows or Pushups, or Thursday’s stations in general.

How about your least favorite: Has to be burpees, burpees, burpees, with Turkish getups as a close second.  And I can’t stand that Moby song anymore!

Describe your favorite workout: Any upper body workout, as I am still working on those “beach muscles”!

What is favorite healthy meal: I have enjoyed switching to eggs for breakfast vs cereal which was my 7-days-a-week breakfast.

And favorite “cheat” meal: Oh, there are so many… General Tso’s chicken, taco pizza, DQ, etc.

What keeps you coming back to Eupraxia: Primarily having a trainer to lead the classes, it is just too easy to slack off at home.  I do like working out as a group and seeing everyone, too. 

What are your goals you are shooting for: I was planning to lose weight but I have not lost more than a few pounds over the last year.  I have lost inches and I do look better.  My posture has improved a lot.  I still could lose 10 pounds and I can if I watch the evening snacking.  And I want to look like the guy on the poster on the front wall.

Any advice for newbies: Know that you have to push yourself, increase the weights as you can, but listen to your body and don’t overdo it.

What is your favorite hobby: I am a tech geek: astronomy, electronics, computers, etc but I also ride my bike often (recumbents rule!) and walk to work every day.

Tell us an interesting fact about you: My hair is not prematurely gray, no matter what I say.

How has Eupraxia helped you the most: Feel better, look better, both from the exercise and the diet changes.  I have been coming 3-4 times a month for over a year, I can’t think of many things that I have stuck with for that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment